Tag Archives: oai

DSpace: No matches for the query (OAI-PMH)

After a recent upgrade to DSpace 3.1 (from 1.7 to 1.8 to 3.x) there was a problem getting the OAI-PMH working. When visting the OAI harvester’s URL there was an error: No matches for the query You can most likely use the default OAI configuration file: [dspace]/config/modules/oai.cfg You will need to run one of these commands to get your index: [dspace]/bin/dspace oai import Or if you want to clear your index out and rebuild it, i.e. erase existing records from the solr oai index (won’t delete your dspace records) then use: [dspace]/bin/dspace oai import -c I checked the /var/log/tomcat6/catalina.out when running this and saw a note that said that I had run out of disk space when doing this. That was one problem. The other problem was that I actually needed to edit my [dspace]/config/modules/oai.cfg file and update my identifier prefix and url. The value for identifier.prefix should probably yourdomain.edu without the http, and the bitstream.baseUrl should probably be http://yourdomain.edu with the http. Don’t put a trailing slash on either one. Also, unless you have a specific reason to change the other settings, leave them the same. They are internal URLs: # Storage: solr | database storage=solr # Base solr index solr.url=http://localhost:8080/solr/oai After updating the settings I restarted tomcat, then re-ran the index with the -c option as mentioned previously, and then the OAI-PMH started working again. For good measure I also deleted the files out of the requests subdirectory of my cache.dir directory (see your oai.cfg file for that … Continue reading

Posted in Software, Tech Opinion | Tagged , | 3 Comments