San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is one of the fastest growing startups on the Internet. We want to become the way the world stores and shares files, and we’re well on our way.
We’re looking for someone great to join our small, hardcore team that manages billions of files and petabytes of data for millions of users; someone who would take pride in the very high standards we set for product quality and reliability.
This is a salaried full-time position with benefits. There is a two-week paid trial period. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Developing new web-based features and interfaces for the Dropbox service.
- Working with a team of developers to maintain and update the Dropbox website.
- Enhancing our web-based administration and customer support interfaces.
- Working with the Dropbox analytics team to continuously improve the presentation and mining of important company, product and user metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail. Very organized.
- Fast learner.
- Obsessive about quality and correctness.
- Significant experience developing database-backed websites and web services using modern web standards.
- Experience with a web MVC framework (Pylons, Django, Rails)
- A strong portfolio of past work.
- Proficient in Python or equivalent.
- Proficient in MySQL.
- Good design sense, experience working with a graphic designer and realizing complex mockups.
- Knowledgeable about browser-specific issues and incompatibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in at least 2 of the 3 operating systems that we support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
- Understands web security issues.
- Startup experience.
- Experience with Flash and ActionScript.
- Experience with Photoshop.
- Experience with the Cheetah templating engine.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Experience testing for the web (unit tests, Selenium, etc.)
- Familiarity with the engineering challenges of file sync.
- Experience with distributed version control systems (Mercurial, Git)
At Dropbox we’re revolutionizing the way that people think about and access their files. In particular, we make it easy to securely share files with other people, sync them across multiple computers, access them from anywhere, and keep them safe.
Dropbox is a tech startup based in San Francisco. We’re well-funded by Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners (investors in Google and Facebook, respectively.) Since launching publicly 8 months ago we’ve attracted over a million users and are still growing rapidly. We’ve been featured in publications like the New York Times and TechCrunch, and have won awards from places like PC Magazine.
Our passion is making a product that rocks and putting it in millions of people’s hands. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, interesting challenges, and a fun work environment. We’re looking for great people to join us.
If you think you’re up to the challenge, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter (1 paragraph max) and some examples of your past work.