The iPod of 2004

I have some old magazines laying around. This morning I was looking at one and flipped it over; And I thought, “Wow. Today the iPad 2 is coming out. And I don’t think of this magazine as being all that old.”

Was it really that long ago that we would pay $299 for a 20GB mp3 player who’s advertising highlighted it’s ability to shuffle songs? No color screen, no video capabilities, no WiFi, and less memory than on a typical USB flash drive. Crazy.

The iPod of 2004

• No Related Posts
This entry was posted in History, Etymology, Mac, Marketing, Random and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to The iPod of 2004

1. Joe says:

Got to appreciate the branding there. 11 years on and they’re still using the same font, same logo, same copywriting style, same minimal design.

2. Julie says:

The current “ipod classic” has 8 times the memory and is $50 cheaper, has color and video.

3. Dan Voell says:

Honestly, I think one of the most viral things about that dinosaur was the small white ear phones. Back in those days I would sit on the bus to work and even though I couldn’t see what type of music player someone had in their pocket I knew because of the white ear phones and I was envious.

4. Saidul Islam says:

that’s funny! Btw… I never got 12 hours battery life from any of my iPods

5. KSS says:

What’s even crazier is what the competition was offering at the time!

6. gabriele says:

I still have one and it’s still serving me well. Also, it has more capacity than the largest Nano, plenty enough for any sane person

7. Zach Z says:

I forget, did they ever figure out whether Darwin was wrong…? (^_-)