If you have a WINDOWS machine:
1) Hit the Print Screen key on your keyboard. It’s usually in the upper right and marked “PrntScrn” or “PrtSc”.
2) Try to Paste directly into a email you’ll send to us (either by holding down the “Ctrl” key and pressing the “V” key, or by right-clicking the blank screen and selecting “Paste”).
If your email program doesn’t let you do that, then:
3) Click the green Start button on the lower left of your screen.
4) Navigate to All Programs -> Accessories, and open the Paint program.
5) Paste into the Paint program, either by holding down the “Ctrl” key and pressing the “V” key, or by right-clicking the blank screen and selecting “Paste.”
6) Save the file (from File -> Save) as a .JPG (choose “Save as type” JPEG).
7) Attach that file in an email.
If you have a MAC:
1) Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a “four-leaf clover” type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your Desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.
2) Attach that file in an email.